Dates: 25-29 October 2019, Jihlava IDFF
4-8 February, Berlin
Application Deadline for next year: 15 March 2019
Every year select 18 talented producers are selected (17 European and one representing a guest country) and are provided with educational, networking and promotional support.
Since 2017, following the success of the previous five editions, the programme has been extended with an additional four-day meeting in Berlin and producers’ presentation during Berlinale.
While the main part of the project takes place at Ji.hlava IDFF annually at the end of October, and now also in Berlin in February, other activities and the promotion of Emerging Producers take place at major film events throughout the year.
As of today and after six successful editions, 112 film professionals are proud alumni of the project, many of whom have already become established in the film world and receive prizes at major film festivals around the world.
The main objective of the programme is to interconnect talented European producers with other film professionals, especially those working in documentary cinematography. The project should also provide the participants with an easy access to information in the field of audiovisual industry, deeper and wider orientation in the film market but also help them to establish contacts with producers from other countries, and thus increase the potential of future European co-production projects.
- Producer with a several years’ practice on the local market (i.e. not a student or recent graduate) with a capacity for future professional growth and with ambitions to be active on the European market
- At least one realized film (fiction or documentary, mid-length or feature) which has entered theatrical distribution, has been screened at festivals
- Previous experience in other workshops is considered an advantage
- The programme is not project-oriented, i.e. the applicants do not apply with their concrete film, but as individuals seeking professional growth
- Eligible countries: EU Member states (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden), Switzerland, Island, UK, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, countries of Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia) and Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) and Russia.
- Guest Country of Emerging Producers 2019: Chile